Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Advise (Katherines Question)

Each character has a unique story with different ways of telling it. If you were there in the story with your character what advice would you give them to help them or just encourage them to do what is best for them? What advise has someone given you to make you want to keep fighting for what you believe in

25 comments:

  1. I would tell Benjamin to apply the skills he learned in school to his life. He is the only lost boy of the story who had some type of education. One would be suprised what they could do at the nick of time. I would advise Benson to be strong. My teacher Mr.Berrol told me before graduation 'If your good at school, be good at school.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The advise your teacher gave you is positive and I hope you keep that in mind, because you make your future and not the people around you. Do what your good at and it can take you far.

      Delete
  2. I would have told Benson to keep fighting, he starts to seem like he’s giving up because of how evil people were acting. There’s been times were I felt like everybody was against me and trying to do whatever to bring me down. I thought about giving up on everything and forgetting about school. The advice my dad gave me was to put everything in God’s hand and let him take care of everything. I think that was great advice. I would also give Benson the same advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His advise is true your faith can determind how you handle different situtaions. Keep your head up and make every choice count.

      Delete
  3. The advice i would give Sarah Vowell if i were in the story with her would probably be to focus on one goal an stick with it because she seems like a person who thinks an awful lot, sometimes too much, and sometimes changes her mind about decisions that she makes because of that. Someone gave me the same advice to stick with what i love and im glad i took that advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you follow your dreams and put your all into making them come true you can create an impact on peoples lives to do what they love.

      Delete
  4. If I was in the book, They Poured fire on Us from the Sky i would help the lost boys by encouraging them by not giving up. Through all the struggles they been, there's no need to give up for what they believe in. I would tell them it's going to be o.k., this would all be over soon, and your life is going to get better. When I was in rough times my mother told me to have faith and believe that God would protect me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best advise I would give young Mark Salzman in "Lost in Place", I would tell him instead of becoming a "kung-Fu" master, I would say "mix up your words and say 'dad, can i study or take martial arts classes so that I can learn to defend myself in certain sitautions'". Then that would trigger other hidden links in his long chain of becoming a Zen monk. Since I work at a grocery store, customers always tell me "you are way to bright to be working here for the rest of your life" or "make your mom proud". I take these into consideration that not only I have family, friends and relatives praying and hoping for me to succeed in life, but complete strangers I haven't met are wishing that I succeed in life as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good to have encouragement, you have to start on the bottom so you can appreciate it when you make it to the top. Good luck on your aspirations and goals.

      Delete
    2. If there was a "like" button i would have clicked it...

      Delete
    3. Everything u said was true, and i havent read the book

      Delete
  6. If I was in They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, I would more than likely have died within the first couple of days. Though if I hadn’t died, I would be pushing the boys to give everything they had in them to survive. I would help them attempt to find food and somewhere to live. I would also try to keep Benson out of trouble, because that seems to be something he has no problem getting into. I do hope, though, that I am never put into a situation like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a positive attitude, and it will take you far.

      Delete
  7. I would tell the characters in They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky to just keep on going no matter what. I'd tell them that if they ever want to survive they just have to deal with whatever comes at them. I'd tell them that they are strong and can do anything they put their minds to. One of my friends once told me to never stop winning. Even when you feel like your losing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing is how we are reading this story and getting and outside look of it, do you think you could durvive of you were Benson?

      Delete
    2. absolutely not. I would die on like the 3rd day.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My advice for Benson would be to continue to do what he is doing. He is a young child and has shown how determined he is and I think his motivation is immense. With Benjamin I would encourage him to apply his skills in the class room to what’s taking place around him. His learning environment is completely different from the one he is in now but he can take some of those strategies and use them to survive. I would advise the both of them watch out for each other. Their journey is going to seem even longer and harder if your alone and don’t have anyone for support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advise everyone need someone to be there for them, especially when they feel like theres no hope in a situtaion. Finding one person to give that kind of advise can change how they think about life or how to handle the obstacles they go through in life.

      Delete
  10. Mark in the book "Lost in Place" quit kung-Fu because it got too serious in the class when his sensei chokes his friend unconscious. I would give him the advice to find another teacher to learn from or find another hobby. The advice that someone gave me was probably where they messed up in life so they wouldn’t want me to make the same mistake so they inform me before I did the same mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reading the book Take the cannoli, and if I was in the story with Sarah Vowell I would not change any part of it because it is her life. I would not tell her anything because with everything that she did in her life was a learning process and it made her into the person who she is today. I do not think that there was any incident in my life where someone told me to keep fighting for what I believe in. I am a very independent person who will fight for something without having other people telling me that I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I was in the story “They poured fire on us from the sky” I would honestly probably have died. If I had the determination of the children I would most likely look out for them and try to help them understand the seriousness of the situation early on to help them be better prepared to what will come. I would mentally prepare them for the long walk that is to come the best that I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they had access to weapons at their age, do you think they would have they necessary things to survive?

      Delete
    2. If they had weapons in the beginning of the book i feel like they would not truly understand the power that they hold. getting close to the end of the book the boys then develop that sense of alertness and being able to predict how people act depending on what they say. If they were to steal a weapon now i feel they would have the power but still not understand how to use it.

      Delete
  13. In Take the Cannoli Sarah Vowell has a very interesting story. She explains it in a way of describing how growing up with a gun collective dad, outgoing twin sister, and a laid back mother. If I was in the story with Sarah Vowell I would probably advise her on what she is willing to try. In the story Sarah tries out all these different things, but some of them end up giving her a change in her belief system. There is a part in the story where Sarah tries to understand how she should deal with her life of journalism. I would advise her to broaden her story making through the news connecting to her hometown. I think she is good at finding things outside of her, and can do more to show the acceptance of how she grew.

    ReplyDelete