In the books that we have been reading its easy to notice the personalities of the characters. Based on the personality of your character, do you think you could work with the characters from your book in real life? If you could work with them, in what ways do you see yourself being compatible? If you can't be compatible explain why.
I don't think i could work with my character, because many of them seem down, jumpy and dissatisfied.I'm the type of person who likes to have a plan and stick to it. I don't like to keep changing my mind over and over unless i am incorrect about something and i'm looking for the best results. I understand that change is apart of life and its going to happen but having several people with different ideas can become messy, and i like to be direct, focused and serious about any job i do. Some of my characters just don't have a personality i believe i could work with in real life.
ReplyDeleteI could most definitely work with Mark in "Lost In Place". Mark working in the field of martial arts is something I wanted to do as a kid. Moving into the near future, working in the martial arts field can help free the mind of struggling matters, can be a great work for the day or can just help someone relax. Mark and I can most likely have a great sense of compatibility.
ReplyDeleteIn my book “They poured fire on us from the sky” I feel that I could get along with all of the main characters. I would be able to work alongside them with ease because they all have very take charge personalities and are thinking about how to help themselves as well as others. The only character I would not be able to chill with would be Peter. He is constantly being the rain cloud of the group and making the journey seem 100% impossible. I feel this way because when someone is negative all the time it is easy for that negativity to spread to others. Worry and sadness are important emotions but dwelling on the past or worrying about the future to the point of where you make yourself sick; to me is a form of self-sabotage. Negative emotions are like a sickness that slowly poisons you, making your chances to succeed drop. If you already have a negative mindset then you are just setting yourself up to fail.
ReplyDeleteI think I could work with the boys in TPFOUFTS. I just feel like they would always upstage me because they are such hard workers. They would be doing work non-stop while I'm gasping for air on the ground crying for my mommy. Because of what they've been through, they have turned themselves into people without limits. They can really do anything. If they can survive through what they did, they can really do anything.
ReplyDeletei think i could see myself working with sarah vowell because she definately is a very creative person with a lot of ideas and she seems like someone who can find inspiration in places where most people cant. i can tell from reading she is a deep thinker and very mature.
ReplyDeleteI think I could work with Benson, because of how determined he is. I also determine myself to my work. If I had to choose between all the characters in my book on whom I would have walked across those desserts with, it would definitely be Benson. He was the only one dedicated to getting place to place without complaining. Life can put us in rough situations, and complaining doesn’t make anything better. I really applaud him for staying strong, I could definitely work with him.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Take the cannoli, and Sarah Vowell, the author, is a needy person. I do not think that I would get along with her because I do not like clingy people. I am a very independent person and our personality types will not get along. If I were to work with Sarah I would probably take over because I like things to be done a specific way, my way. And she would probably be okay with it too. We would still make things work out down the line.
ReplyDeleteI honestly don’t see myself being compatible with any of the boys from They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, considering I am compatible with very few people I meet. I have very few interests, but when I am interested in something I grow very passionate about it. The boys in my book rarely talk about their interests, besides reading and playing in the dirt, so I have very little knowledge of what they actually enjoy since they have come to America. I typically don’t get along with a majority of people so I think it’s a safe assumption that we wouldn’t be compatible, but I won’t ever really know, unless I actually meet them.
ReplyDeleteI would work with all the character's in "They Poured Fire on Us from the Sky" they all had go through situation. I would try to do may best to help them to keep them alive. I know that it would be hard to understand how life is not easy to go without food and water, and how they walked on bare ground without no shoes. If I were a wealthy, I would provide food and water for them to keep them off from starvation. And shoes on their feet so they wouldn't have wounds and blood.
ReplyDeleteanyone really from They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky I would love to hang with. They say that the people who live the longest all have having friends incommon. They call it expert friends. The friends who keep your head on straight when its to heavy. I would consider them expert friends because of theier experience. Itd remind me just by a look that my issues are grains compared to the mountains they've climbed. It makes me grateful and easier to move on and focus on bigger things.
ReplyDeleteYeah I would work with Mark from the book lost in place. It’s like he needs sort of like a big brother role model. I believe that Mark needs a big brother role model to guide him into a direction. Because in the book Mark would go with his dad late at night to look at stars. I think he would get attach to big brother figure more. So I would most likely work with him more so to guide him into a good direction. I would of join classes with Mark in kung-Fu and see what kind of influence he hangs out with and tell him to join a different kung-Fu class. Because I know that the sensei in the book is a asshole. I would help Mark with his school and because he is entering that college stage and I know how hard can that be. I would basically be his support.
ReplyDeleteI’m reading “they poured fire on us from the sky” And I would like to work with Benson. Because of the pain he had to endure, I think that has caused him to be a hard worker. Even in tough times he still has be able to maintain a leveled head and a calm attitude and those qualities I think are good for a work force. The both of us have use life experience to build us, but he isn’t too optimistic to learn from others and connect with people.
ReplyDelete