These are some of the questions that I could think of when I am reading my book "Lost In Place". Towards the end of my book Mark quit his kung-Fu class and started sloping around his house with nothing to do. Because he just quit his pursuit for kung-Fu I lost hope in him after that.
At the end of the book, do you feel hope for your characters?
Are any of the events in the book relevant to your own life when you lose and gain hope?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe saddest
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWell I know that some characters will survive because they are telling the story. I'm afraid for people who aren't telling the story that are in the book. For a while I lost hope at getting into college, I was just getting denied by every school I applied to. For a while I decided that I was just going to take a year off, but I decided that I couldn't stay in my town for another year. I had to get out.
ReplyDeleteI haven't got to the end of reading They Poured fire on Us from the sky, but for my character's are getting stronger. If I was like Mark in the book Lost in place i would probably be at home cleaning up the house. As the days goes on I would play video games, taking naps basically do the same routine over again. If I change my lifestyle I would get a job, trying to get back in what I enjoy knowing that I have to start from the very beginning.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI don’t have much hope for my characters in my book because the way the book starts out. The way the book starts its telling you about the Sudan boys living in America. In “they poured fire on us from the sky” the boys get in a lot of dangerous situations. There always brave and go through with everything they do. I never start thinking “what if they die” or “are they going to make it”; because I know they live in America today. Maybe if the book hadn’t started out the way it did, I would have more hope for them.
ReplyDeleteWould you have the same faith in them if you didn’t know their outcome before you read the story?
DeleteI hold on to hope throughout all of They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, because of all the heartache the boys face. Between being split up from their family and going days without food, I don’t understand how they kept themselves going. Their strong amount of courage is something I admire in all of them, in every page of this book. In my own life I try to always hold on to hope, as well, because you never know what the future has in store.
ReplyDeletenice strong poetic statement!
DeleteI do feel hope for my charachter in "Take the Cannoli" which is sarah vowell because she is smart and seems very mature for the age she is in the book even at the begginning. however I do understand what she was going through when she was struggling with her identity but i knew she would secced that phase.
ReplyDeleteIn the book “they poured fire on us from the sky” there is a abundance of hope throughout the book. The boys all believe that they will live through the traumatizing situation that they were forced into. That hope is what keeps me reading. There are times that I become disappointed in what the children describe they are seeing in the book. When the adults treat the children unfairly or beat them I lose hope in humanity. Thinking that people can do such evil to one another is what lets me down. The messages I take from my book are to help others when they are in need and look out for your family members.
ReplyDeleteI can't really say when I lost hope in what i want to become in my lifetime just yet. I'm still striving to become the very best I can be because i have support from my family, friends and random stranges that I meet while working at Jewel when I tell them what I want to do with my life. Knowing Mark quit on what he wants to be kinda of puts me into a state where I begin to re-persuade him into thinking about his lifelong goal. The most important thing I would have told young Mark in "Lost in Place" would probably be "think about your future, say if you do become a big martial arts master, then others would see what you risked to achieve this title and want to learn from you....think about it for a minute..."
ReplyDeleteI am reading Take the cannoli, and my book does not per say make me have hope in my character. She is not quitting something like Kung-Fu; she is simply going on with her life. Of course I wish the best for Sarah Vowell because she is a talented individual. My book is not about hope like yours, but I do have hope in my life for all of the things that I do. But I gain hope from the passion I have towards things.
ReplyDeleteIn my book Take the Cannoli there are a lot of different things that Sarah Vowell goes through that seem like she loses some hope. In the book Sarah starts to strife in through her friends and family since they worry about what she does in her lifestyle. After realizing she does not get enough sleep she thinks that she has a sleeping disorder. Her mom is telling her she needs professional help, she searches on the web to search for cures, and yet she still does not see satisfied. This chapter in the book is called “Dark Circles” and I think I can see why. In this chapter people worry for Sarah Vowell since she is very discrete in expressing herself about her lifestyle as a journalist. As this goes on she receives the best advice from a surprising person, which is her father. Her father mentions how there is nothing wrong with her and how it is a shame for people who have gotten good sleep and did nothing with their lives. This definitely gives Sarah some hope in how she views the world. That everyone lives differently, but the important thing is what you make of the world while doing something different. Sarah always manages to end up in different places of her life and explore every situation or belief that is part of her life as a journalist. There is hope for Sarah in her life in and after Take the Cannoli.
ReplyDeleteI feel that all of my characters have the strength and determination to remain alive once the end of the story is reached. They have endured situations that have caused them to want more for themselves. They are in a life or death situation, on a long journey trying to reach a place of peace. While on this journey their families and villages that were attacked are constantly on their minds. Which is what I believe is energy for them to continue on. I think each character will remain alive and will walk away from this experience with a new view on life. I dealt with similar emotions the characters in my book are facing when my mother became ill and almost died right in front of me. I watched her pass out and realized that she needed my help. I never dealt with a situation similar to this before and I was scared and the issue was hectic. I didn’t understand fully what was going on and my emotions I believe are connected to the characters in the story.
ReplyDeleteI lost hope for Mark in the book “Lost in Place” Because how are you going to quit kung-Fu when you have been doing that for most of the book. Yeah it was very relevant in my own life because I had been playing basketball for two years for my high school team made it varsity team and quit. Because of my grades at the time. Lost hope for the team that year but gain hope for my school work
ReplyDeleteI have not finished my book yet. So far, I have more hope for all boys. The book is kind of a spoiler though. I used to read with thoughts like: Will Benson die? He's going to die. OMG he's dead. Then I realized they obviously will live because I mean they wrote the book...
ReplyDeleteSometimes people just grow out of things, and find something that is more interesting to them. Or maybe they just get tired of the same old thing. Life has so many different things to offer that its hard for any person with the time, determination, and passion to stay intreaged by one thing. Although Mark put everything into what he wants to do, he also want to find out what the world has to offer and this is the reason i believe he starts to quit kung fu.
ReplyDelete