Wednesday, July 25, 2012
House of Cards (Amari's Question)
They say that if you were to change an event or even a moment in your life like a house of cards it can all be rearranged. If you see a rich kid walking around your neighborhood and do something materealistic we will judge them as being 'spoiled'. If someone with less than yourself saw the things we do todoay they too would probably say the same. Everyone takes things for granted and sometimes we cannot truly appreciate them until worse happens. We do not really get a sense until in somene else's shoes. If you were in the shoes of your main character what would you do differently? How would you handle their issues? Are there any parts in the story you wish they would have did differently? Why or why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If i walked the main character's shoes, the approach I would have done differently is that I would ask my parents if i can study the forms of karate. Once I would have established that ground then I would consider reading into ancient or modern day Chinese philosophies and then base and form my own teachings that I would follow everyday while learning the arts of karate.
ReplyDeleteIf i walked in my character's shoe, well i would have done differently is to make my life better. I would understand i can't be like everybody else until i'll be in their age group. At that time i would try my best to handle the pain and don't make any excuse.
ReplyDeleteMy character in the story Lost in Place is neither rich nor poor. The only issue he faces, is that he had multiple ideas of who wants to become, and is looking for his father’s approval about his dreams. If I was in Marks shoes I wouldn’t do anything different because he acts how a little boy is supposed to act, and his character portrays positively. Mark has an easily motivated character. He isn’t greedy or mean, Mark just wants to prove he can be the best at whatever he does so that his father can give him feedback that makes him feel as if he has accomplished something. Just like mark I want to be something that is meaning full to me. I don’t want to just do something that isn’t making me feel as if I’m just stringing along. That is why I don’t to make others feel that I am more important than them or seem like I can’t be strong. I am fair to others even when there not fair to me, nor support my idea s and dreams.
ReplyDeletei wouldn't like walking in my character shoes because of the things he do. but if i was in his shoes, i would find a true Zen Master to work with and learn from
ReplyDeleteIf I was in Sarah’s shoes I would have defiantly gone to The Godfather’s house because she chickened out every time she went to go buy a train ticket to go there. Going to Italy to see the house was mainly why she went there because she was obsessed with The Godfather. I probably would have handled her issues in the way because they all seemed to make sense. Like telling her parents that she wanted to go to graphic school, she could have just easily ran away with her goals in life without them even knowing. I really wished that Sarah would have gone to The Godfathers house while she was in Italy, that part made me really mad. Like I said before she was mainly there to see things from The Godfather.
ReplyDeleteIf I was in Benson’s shoes, from They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, the only thing I would have done differently is that I would have went back to my village instead of leaving with the strange man. I would have had to return back to my hut, either to get my family and leave or at least make sure that they were alive and well. I, personally, could not go on the rest of my life not knowing whatever happened to my parents and siblings. How he went on walking for months without any knowledge of his family’s well-being is something I have yet to wrap my mind around.
ReplyDeleteI would definitely find some one to teach me kung fu and learn more about other philosophies about different fighting skills. To see if I like the life of a Zen monk instead of just jumping into it like that. Maybe get a little taste of how it is being a Zen monk or not and how would it feel. Yeah when Marks mom send NASA a letter and they send me mail back I would of probably listen to my dad. Cause he was right they don’t except anyone. So there is a few possibility to make it in so why bother.
ReplyDeleteIf I were in any of the the boys shoes in my story I would probably stick with my parents. As the boys leave home they never know rather their parents are dead or alive. Me being a soon to be parent I feel that my child is my first priority. Therefor I would protect him or her by any means. I cant imagine my parents telling me to run away at such a young age. I would expect my mother and father to protect me. When you're a child you look up to your father like he's superman and expect him to fix any problems that come in your way or others way.
ReplyDeleteIf I were in my main character shoes I would have try little bit more take advantage of the love/like for guns like her dad. I never know when your parent might not be there for you at one point or another. I would have been more open to the issue. I do wish that some parts of the story were different. Like she should have gone to were the god father’s house was/is. I think at all her effort to go to Italy and a not go to the god father’s house was I little disappointing.
ReplyDeleteIn take the Canolli theres nothing I would actually do differently if I was in the main charachter's position because it seems like she's learned from every expirience she's had and everything she's done, gone through or even just witnessed she's gotten an important life lesson out of it; hence the chapter names and even the title of the book, "take the canolli", referring to the scene from the godfather involving the canolli that shows that sometimes we feel most comfortable in life when we don't have to choose right or wrong.
ReplyDeleteI honestly don't think i would last a minute in any of my characters shoes. They're world is so completely opposite from mine I just don't think I could handle it. But if I had too. I would probably wouldn't have done anything differently. They are still alive, so they must be doing something right.
ReplyDeleteIf I was in the shoes of one of the characters in my book I do not think I would do anything differently. I would have been born and raised in the same village and learn the same skills from my father that the boys learned from theirs. To handle their issues I would try to come up with a plan to move everyone out of the village at night very nonchalantly. I would pack food and enough things to make most of the journey bearable for whoever was coming along. I would then set fire to my own village after we had all fled so that the military would think that they had already exterminated us and my village and we would disappear into the night.
ReplyDeleteSarah is a relatable character in take the cannoli. Honestly, if i would change something that she could do differently it would be to go to the town of Corleone. She chooses not to go because she knows how silly it would look for an American going to Italy, and wants to visit that town of Corleone.All of this has to do with seeing the godfather. If she chose to go to Corleone I think Sarah would change the way she views her outlook on the aspect of right and wrong. So far in the book Sarah tries to express herself by putting herself in other peoples shoes, to have the feeling of what they have when they are in power. So yea it would definitely be for her to go to Corleone, Italy.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn’t do anything differently because he is a small child he doesn’t have any understanding of what’s going on around him. I feel I wouldn’t be as strong as him; I wouldn’t have been able to leave my family and go on by myself as his age. So I feel he has a lot more strength than his given create for. I wouldn’t change anything I feel he reacted to the situation as best as he could because he lost everything but is still surviving.
ReplyDelete