Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Andrew's question.

When we read stories, we tend to associate charachteristics, beliefs, values etc., with the main charachter(s). What does the main charachter represent to you? What vibe do you get from this characther as you read? It does not necessarily even have to be the main charachter. What charachter(s) stand(s) out to you?

15 comments:

  1. The characters from They dropped fire on us from the sky represent strength. As I read on and on and see all the obstacles they triumph and how they were able to keep a poker face it is amazing. They all have moments where they could cry or have used it as an excuse but they did not. The Lost boys stand out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of They Dropped Fired on Us From the Sky the character's represent Strength. In their lives they are telling the reader the challenges they are going through. All of the character's at the age where they was in, they had no other chose but to cry or use an excuse but they couldn't. The Lost Boys stand out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The main character Mark form Lost in Place represents hope to me. He has a spark about himself that says he want to do something and no matter what it is he is going to push himself mentally and physically to his limits to accomplish his goal. Mark stands out from other characters because he makes you feel like even if you dream the impossible you can also accomplish the impossible if you have the determination, and focus to take the challenge head on. Mark stands out most to me because he reminds me of my self in away. I want to accomplish my dreams, and I’m going to do what I have to do the best way I can until I get the results I want. I have a drive that is rare for people to have who go through tragic things and try to recover. I may be scared that an outcome isn’t going to be what I want it to, but I would rather try then just giving up because others don’t believe what I believe or see what I see. If I feel I have the potential to do something that will make and impact I want to give my all, that’s the only way I can say im ok with something not going the way i wanted it to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (continued) I feel Mark just wants to feel the same way, that he tried and didnt give up untill he reached his limit by giving his all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read more and more about Salzman as a kid, I kinda of take a pause on the story and think back to about my childhood and what I use to believe in and think about. With him being a Zen monk, I wanted to do the same thing (well not become a monk or anything, but to take up some form of karate). At his age I don't blame him for having thoughts and dreams like that because everyone was a child one time in there life and if they saw something interesting or what they thought was "cool" then of course they will take the drastic steps in achieving that goal to become that idolized hero.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the vibe i get off of my character is confusion. there are sometimes when i think to myself about my main character, like he don't know what he want to do in life

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the boys are on their way to Ethiopia, they come across a very young boy Monyde. Monyde had been trying to go to Ethiopia, but nobody would take him because they said he was too young. But finally the 3 boys group takes him. Monyde is a funny little boy. I think he keeps every bodies hearts strong. To me Monyde represents hope for the rest the boys. He sometimes helps them forget about whats going on and just distracts them from reality for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The character that stands out the most to me is Benson. He is the oldest of the three boys and he was overcome with a sickness that has made him weak. He stands out to me because he knows that he is sick but he continues to walk with the other boys. He feels bad that he cannot help the younger boys because he is so weak from being sick. For a child at such a young age to have that kind of mindset, to me is incredible. All the children understand the severity of what is going on and know that they need to walk to Ethiopia to be safe. Even though he is a young child he still has somewhat of an understanding of survival and what he must do to live on. The two younger children also have good hearts and understand the severity of the situation. Even though they are all hungry and tired they all try to give Benson their water to make him strong enough to continue the journey. This to me shows that family is still very important to them regardless of the conditions in which they live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Take the Cannoli, the character that really stands out for me would have to be Sarah. Sarah expresses a lot about different things changes her outlook on her life and place. I definitely receive a vibe of contentment of being on her own and expressing what she feels however she feels it. Sarah so far in the book represents herself through her passion. She discusses the difficult things she sees, and how seeing those things change her way of viewing the concept of her belief. This definitely happens internally for her and makes her on the verge of changing where she will go next. To me Sarah has an authoritative personality, and she chooses to run her world, and not let the beliefs within the world run her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The main character in my story represents strength and high level of maturity. Benson has had to endure losing his home and his family and he is alone trying to reach a place of peace and for him to be a young child he is dealing with situations that are beyond his understanding. I believe he is trying to grasp what’s going on around him while still trying to maintain his sanity. Benson stands out to me because he has too much on his plate and I feel he hasn’t cracked under the pressure he is continuing on with his life but still thinking of others and their well-being. I feel his is making adult decisions as a child and that’s hard to accomplish but he doesn’t have a choice either he grows up and accepts what’s taking place or die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The main character, Sarah, represents a free willing person who will always stay with her beliefs no matter what. She is a determined person. She wanted to go to a graphic school so she did; even telling her parents her dreams of it. She also wanted to go to Italy, therefore she did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Character Mark represents ambition and a whole lot of heart. I say this because in the story everything he does he puts his all hard work in it their stuff in the story even I wouldn’t do. I get that he is a very jumpy character in this book the way he jumps form time to time and I can see he is a kid by this writing style. Mark really stands out to me he is probably my inspiration cause he is so dedicated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What stands out to me the most is how brave these boys are. I cant imagine walking through jungles and desserts without my family. They are really living day by day not knowing what the world is going to bring them the next day. I would of probably been to scared to go off without my family. They really show signs of strength and heart I have never seen in in kids young as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not just the main characters in They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, but the entire group traveling for a better life represent strength and hope; at least they do in my eyes. Each of them keeping pushing themselves and pushing each other to keep carrying on and walking, for months. So far, they have gone days without food, walking for hours on end, and members of their tribe falling on either side of them. I’ve never seen or read about a group of people that represent so much courage in my point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what the main character form Take The Cannoli represent to me is that she goes and does what she believes but not all the time does it.l feel she tends to do things she tends to do things she is not use to. she shoot her dad from a cannon. she did that because that meant a lot to hr and it did hurt that she had to do her father's will.

    ReplyDelete