In my book “They Poured Fire On Us From The Sky” these boys definitely
go through a life changing experience. I think a life lesson was learned as
they went thorough everything. What lesson in life has your main characters(s)
learned in your book? Also how can you compare it to a life lesson you’ve learned
in your life?
I’m not exactly clear on what lesson my character Mark is learning from the story Lost in Place, but I have an idea of what he might be learning. Mark is the kind of person who wants to satisfy everyone so that they can accept his dreams and idea’s as well. I believe Mark is going to learn that he can’t always satisfy everyone else. Sometimes he has to think about his self, and what makes him happy. Mark has to learn that he has his own life to live even if others disapprove. Growing up I always wanted to have friends, and people that liked me for me. As a friend I was loyal, I gave advise, and always did whatever I could to help one of my friends out, knowing they would do the same for me in return. One day I was absent from school and need a friend of mine to get the homework so I wouldn’t be behind. When I asked her to get the assignment she told me I shouldn’t have been absent. I realized that you can’t depend on anyone but themselves to do what’s right for you, because everyone has their own life that they have to live. Learning the different between being nice and being a doormat is something everyone has to learn. People have to realize it’s nice to help others but don’t always offer up your services over and over again because people will use each other for it.
ReplyDeleteI think the main characters of They poured Fire on us From the Sky do not have life lesson but life experiences. Its not something they can think back on and ponder different ways it could have been handles. The boys could not have avoided their destiny. All they can do is 'remember'. Remembering what happened I belief will keep them from making mistakes where they have to have 'life lessons'.
ReplyDeleteLife lessons happen almost in everyone's daily lives. Some lessons can be more dramatic than others while in turn some can display only little significance. Any life lessons that happens to Mark in the book "Lost in Place" can either change his way of thinking dramaticly or can change it to where it doesn't show anything importance at all. Throughout my 19yrs of living on this earth, I learned quite a lot. Not about life and current situations and events but the fact that I learned lessons at an early age so that when the time comes for when a dramatic situtaion could occur, I will be mentally prepared to either suffer the consequences of my actions and or benefit from the actions that have taken place.
ReplyDeleteThe characters in my book, They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, are currently struggling through a series of very difficult situations in their lives. Though it is not spelt out in the book, judging off of their stories and tragedies, I would assume that they learned to take absolutely nothing and no one for granted, from the food they eat to the clothes on their backs. In my short eighteen years, I have learned that life is short, and nothing is guaranteed, so live everyday like it is your last, because you never know when it’s going to be. It is said over and over again, but honestly you don’t realize until it slaps you in the face, that you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.
ReplyDeleteIn my book “They poured fire on us from the sky” The boys all learn lessons and ways to cope with the life that they were forced into. They learn that crying and pouting will get them nowhere because they need to continue walking to survive. They also learned how to ration their food because they know that if they don’t they will surly die. They also know that with numbers they are stronger than if it was just them alone. In my life I have also learned lessons that help me in my everyday life. I have learned not to depend on anyone because in the end you need to do things for yourself so you can learn and feel the success of your own hard work. I have also learned to look at my failures as a learning experience of what not to do in the future.
ReplyDeleteThe Life lesson I believed learned in my story is continue to strive for something even if it doesn’t seem attainable. Benson had to abandon his home because it was being attacked. While on his journey to safety he only thinks of his family and how he wanted to be reunited with them. I believe his life changing experience will help mold him into a survivor because he has something to fight for. My situation is similar because I’m in college now and I’m basically on my own. I have family members that are willing to help in certain situations but when it comes to taking care of myself I have to provide clothes and food for myself. This experience is helping me become a survivor it’s teaching me what I need to do so that I can be a positive young adult and maintain a living. Benson and I both have to become durable individuals in order to reach our goals.
ReplyDeleteI think the life lesson that the main charachter and author of "Take the Cannoli" learned was to appreciate not only her father, but life in general. I say this because I think the reason for her wanting to bond with her father more was because she may have had a realization that her father was not going to be around forever. This could have made her more aware that she was not as close with her father as she wanted to be, and reconsider her position on guns. I think we all have a realization at a point in our lives where we realize how precious life is. It could from a death in the family or simply watching the news.
ReplyDeleteI think what Mark learns that life is hard everything doesn’t come easy like he think it is because of his philosophy book of a Zen monk. But I keep this in mind because that’s how I use to think like when I was younger that everything is easy. But is not you got to work hard for your dreams.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteIn the book "Lost in Place"
DeleteIn my book, They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, they learn that to survive you must give everything it takes. You can't let yourself be blinded by negative events. You must stay strong and move on. It's kind of like how in my life, I must try as hard as I can to accomplish my goal in life. Even if I fail I have to just keep going.
ReplyDeleteA life lesson was definitely learned in my book “They Poured Fire On Us From The Sky”. These boys strived for what they believed in. They never gave in out of fear or nothing. I think my life lesson was to give your all in everything you do, and stand for what you believe in. The world can bring you a lot of hardship, but it’s up to you to make your way through it. I would rather die for something I believe in, then to live for something I did not believe in. Just like the boys from the book, a lot of them died for what they believed in.
ReplyDeletehonestly my main character hasn't done anything to learned a life lesson yet. in my eye it seems as though that Mark (the main character) don't really do things that will teach him a lesson. my book "lost in place" Mark sounds like he's a good kid. he hasn't been in any kind of trouble. the only bad and stupid thing mark has done was walk to school with no shoes on. (i mean, who does that, i know his feet was cold during the winter)
ReplyDeleteI am reading Sarah Vowell’s book and everything that happened to her made her into whom she is today. If she would have just stayed in Montana she would have been a nobody. There was not a specific event in Sarah’s life that was “life changing”. There were lots of events, like traveling, that changed her. I do have a life changing experience, unlike Sarah. I got incredibly ill my sophomore year in high school. I had missed 47 days that year it was that bad. I finally recovered 8 months later changing my whole outlook on life because I had almost died. Being so sick for so long made me really live my life like it is my last.
ReplyDeleteIn Take The Cannoli there are a lot of lessons Sarah learns that contribute to how she moves on to her next goal. Sarah’s biggest life lesson would have to be when she goes on to college. Sarah has good grades, is in a relationship, has an apartment, and yet after having these decent things she still finds herself wondering if she is worth living up to the expectations that are deep down inside to how she feels. The life lesson that she is learning in the book is that no one will ever live up to her expectations of what she believes in besides her own. In my own life the best life lesson to what Sarah has been experiencing would have to be when I first received my own job. Once I had my first job a lot of people within my family had these expectations of what should I do with all the money I was making. Then it got to the point when I realized that no one was going to live up to the expectations of what I was going to buy to support myself that was going to help my goals.
ReplyDeleteThe Life lesson that my character(s) in the book "They Poured Fire in Us from the Sky had many experiences. Like at the age when they was little boys they didn't understand how older people wear clothes while they have to be naked. and another one is when the man dead they will never wake. In my life experience when I was little during the time when my mother took me and my brother, and sister to the store one day. I was holding on to a balloon when my mother was at the cashier paying for the stuff, and when we got out I was still holding on to the balloon and she yelled at me because she told me that i was stealing but I didn't know.
ReplyDeleteIn my book Take the Cannoli Sarah Vowell she has learn that maybe going to Disney World wouldn’t be a bad idea for a vacation. She never had a child hood back in the home town Oklahoma. She and her friend David went and they found out that some people are bad and feed other animals their own kind. Like this one family was feeding chicken to birds. That she had a chance of having the child hood she didn’t have and went Disney World. My life lesion in high school was that never tell someone their your best friend because at one point they talk about you when you’re not there. That when you least expected they talk about you then tell you in your face their not when they truly are. That you never finish knowing a person. That people change as you get older. That at one point they really didn’t care about you and maybe that one person was just trying to use you. The older you get the more mature and responsible you become. And maybe thing s happen for a reason.
ReplyDelete