Good Afternoon everybody!!! So, every author writes differently right? Everybody don't have same views, am I correct? So, I would like to know if the author of your book writing style? How does he/she structure the book? Mark Salzman author of "Lost in Place" writing style tends to jump around. There are sometimes that I feel like I'm playing hop-scotch while I'm reading.
In "Lost in Place", Mark Salzman does tend to jump around a lot that I agree on with you, but as you read more and more I kinda of grew to understanding why he wrote like this. A 13yr old kid just watched his first kung-Fu movie so of course his feelings, actions, and spirits are boiling to the point where he wants to explode of nothing but PURE excitement.
ReplyDeleteJudy A. Bernstein is the author of “they poured Fire on us from the Sky” She gives great detail with her writing. She helps you understand every ones idea of what’s going on. I enjoy the fact that she doesn’t lose me as a reader and she keeps me interested in the story. I enjoy her writing skills because I think she knows how to capture her reader and helps you understand what’s going on. She gave a voice to the people who were involved in the situation.
ReplyDeleteIn Take the Cannoli Sarah Vowell definitely has her own writing style that alternates. She manages to incorporate where she’s going, how she feels at that moment, and focusing on whats agreeable in the situation that she is placed in. In response to your question I would have to say the best way to adapt to someone else’s writing style you have to learn what fits right for you and listen to how they want their points to come across.
ReplyDeleteIn "they poured fire on us from the sky" The author tells the story through the three kids perspective. She translates the stories given to her by the lost children of the Sudan and puts them together into a book. Every chapter is in the different perspective of the a different child.
ReplyDeleteJudy Bernstein, the author of They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, wrote this book from different points of view. She tells a little bit of the story from one boys perspective in one chapter, than in the next chapter she tells another boys perspective. It's very interesting and I like the way she sometimes leads one chapter into another.
ReplyDeleteI am reading “take the cannoli” by Sarah Vowell and she has an artistic style of writing. Sarah also skips around in the book. Skipping through important events in her life. It’s a bit hard to understand what age she is because she does not flat out say how or when in her life this event is happening. It is part of her writing style. For the most part I can take a guess how old she is in most events.
ReplyDeleteIn my book, They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, three different perspectives are used. Judy A. Bernstein writes the true story in their, Benson Deng, Alephonsion Deng, and Benjamin Ajak, views and words. She structures the story from before the village was attacked, using the three boys’ different sides, chapter by chapter. I enjoy this style so far, because it gives multiple voices throughout the story.
ReplyDeleteIn my book, They Poured Fire on Us Fro the Sky, she write different views of how each the character lives are in the story. Judy A Bernstein uses different structure by tell how the lost boys was in the same village until they separated on their own, and had their own views of what they went through. And by reading this book the format reminds me of a book that I read in high school called, The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
ReplyDeleteIn my book "they poured fire on us from the sky" it is wrote by three different people. This is the first book I read like that and I love it. One persons point of view can get boring sometimes. Also their style of writing makes u feel like you're there I get a good vivid picture of what's going on and I like that a lot .
ReplyDeleteYeah Mark Salzman tends to jump around a lot but it kind of entertaining. Because in high school my teacher would teach us different styles and one of those styles were jumping around like that as well but two times harder. Then the book "Lost in Place" probably because I had more experience with authors with jumping style.
ReplyDeleteLost Boys has its different prospectives. The book has random personal short stories. They all connect but they arent repeatitive as id thought they would be.
ReplyDeleteThe structure of "Take the Cannoli" is not completely chronological order but one might say that it is spread about, because the chapters talk about certain events for different chapters but not not necessarily in the order that they all hppened. the mini stories are sometimes in order of events but not the entire book.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the author of lost in place jumps around a lot. I believe Mark jumps around because he wants his readers to know certain facts before he makes his points. Although Marks style of telling his story may be a little bit jumpy, I believe towards the end of the story he will connect his point with one even. As I read the story I recognize that mark changes subject very quickly then jumps back. Marks voice is strong but I feel that he should give his facts in order so we could follow what points and connections he’s trying to make. He’s not very clear but as I read I can tie some of the stories together to understand why he has presented us with certain information.
ReplyDelete