Name one character
in your book that you can relate to? Give detail on how you two are alike and what’s
something you would take from them? Could be the way they speak or the personalty they have.
One character I can relate to in my book Lost in Place is the main character Marks father. Marks father is down to earth and very realistic when it comes to situations that may impact everyone’s life and the way they feel. Marks father always considers what could happen and what could’ve happed. He always has a load on his chest because he thinks of others first before his self because he works in the field of phycology, and knows all about the human mind. Relating to me I always think of different ways to help others benefit, and become satisfied. I like to make sure everyone is satisfied and often times I forget what is satisfactory for me. Marks father likes to paint. I believe he likes to paint because there are no rules to what he creates; it’s only what he thinks and how he feels about it. When I paint i painting to make something that no one but myself can understand, so that I can feel like there is something special that I do that no one else can change, and Marks father is just looking for that part of his life using art.
There is not any character I can relate to you. The book has not given each lost boy a fair chance to be introduced where I can decide between the three yet.But I would takeAlepho's sense of seriousness. I am a very happy person even at the sad moments I rebound. His seriousness helps him focus my joy often distracts me and keeps me from seeing the importance of things.
The main character, Sarah, is the one character that I can relate to. We both grew up in a country setting where there was nothing fun to do. But we both have a sibling to entertain us. Sarah and I also do not care for our fathers. They are the complete opposite than us making our relationship clash. We also have differences like; she has a twin sister while I have an older brother and she gains respect for her father as the years go on. I do not know that I would take anything from Sarah as of now, but I will have to keep reading and hopefully I can get something from this book.
in Take the Cannolli the charachter i relate to the most is the main charachter and author, Sarah Vowell. I relate to her the most because she is very involved in band and her music. she fell in love with playing an instrument and feels very passionate about it which is exactly how i feel about music and playing the instruments that i play. if i could take anything from this charachter it would be the enviornment she spent her high school years in. she had plenty of inspiraton and friendly competition in her high school and that resulted in her heavier involvement in her school marching band and jazz band.
I can relate to Alepho, he has a best girl friend who he likes to play with. I have a friend back at home thats pretty much the same thing. We hangout everyday, and go places together with our other best friend. I think Alepho and I are the most similar out of anybody in that regard. I was never one to tease people like he does. But in this sense we are alike.
The one character I can relate from my book Take the Cannoli is the girl form shooting dad. Her dad likes guns and is a she doesn’t. My dad like watching sports and I don’t I think they are boring. I think is better to do a sport than just sit and watch it for hours. I would take for her how she tried to like guns and try to be interested in them. I like how she finds out at the end that is a bite like her dad. I’m a bite like my dad in every different way like the food we like and the things we do.
I can relate to Mark. Mark has his mind set on practicing to becoming a Zen Master. He has a very strong work ethic when he’s practicing. When I’m practicing I stay forces and won’t stop until I’m satisfied. I have a very strong work ethic during practice and performance hours. Like Mark there were times when I wanted to pursuit a different career.
So far in reading "Lost in Place", I could possibly relate to Mark Salzman as a child. His life long goal was to be a kung-fu warrior, which I wanted to be too but mines was sort of being a great hero that would save the innocence of society from the great forces of evil. As a child, like almost anyone else, I watched a HUGE amount of T.v. So accordingly, I wanted to be a great superhero that kind of had that rogue attitude, for example "I will only help you unless it benefits me" type of manner. Salzman's ideals would relate to the teachings of Zen monks in China and thus causing him to create a goal that is reachable, but however no type of supportive feedback from family members or some friends saying "hey strive to be the best you can be".
In the book that I am reading, They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, I believe that the character I most relate to is Alepho. During the beginning of the story, Alepho describes himself as being very loud and constantly pranking his family and everyone around him. Although, when he comes to America, he is described by the author as being distant and reserved around herself and her son, as well as coming off rude or arrogant. This reminds me of myself because while I am at home I am a completely open and talkative person, yet when I am around new and unknown people, I distance myself from everyone around me .Since I distance myself, people that don’t know me typically think that I am rude or mean, but that is not the case. I would say that shy is what describes the two of us best, but there is nothing wrong with that.
In the book Cannoli Sarah is the main character and to me she is very relatable. Sarah expresses her way living up to what she believes in through her lifestyle no matter who is trying to be in her way, or debate with her. In the story she does it through commiting to music and discussion. Her personality is somewhat pessimistic against others in her environment, but she still manages to keep a good sense of humor with it. This is definitely relatable because sometimes pursuing art can sometimes go against what others in your family may want, or what your friends may want. Sarah with all the people she has close to her moves in the direction she needs to move in at times to feel at the most comfortable. What I would take definitely take from Sarah is that keeping the beginnings that helped to start out your belief, can ultimately take you passed a place that you do not want to believe. A good thing Sarah points out in the book is that even though she lives in Montana, her strongest way of having something to believe in good, bad, or scary came from god and going to church of where she first lived in Oklahoma. What I would take from her is that the having something to believe in, and staying humble in transitions of her art and creativity, is important in being successful. It is important in taking things seriously. Also in having some sense of humor in the time of the most uncertain or your goals, can be the most important thing in surpassing your own expectations. I would definitely take that from Sarah Vowell.
The character I most relate to is Benjamin, I relate to him because in the book he is responsible for completing a task and a force of nature makes it so it can’t be done. He is in charge of watching his family’s goats and taking them out to graze. He loses one of the goats to a hyena and later to a lion. After he loses his goat he feels nervous and the thought of telling his father he failed bothers him inside. I too will try my best to complete the task at hand but something misfortunate and out of my control will happen to prolong the task or make it impossible to do. When this happens to me I too think about going to tell my parents that the task was ether not completed or not completed in the way I was told it should be done. I feel if I could talk to Benjamin I would find out his ways of coping with the “Bad luck” we both seem to have.
I'm also not sure yet to one exact character in my book I can relate to "They Poured Fire On Us From The Sky". I do feel like I can kind of relate to how serious they take their family and work. That would be one thing i would take from them. They really have no time for messing around. I do take my work and what I do seriously but like everyone else I can get lazy sometimes. I hope to be able to accomplish all of my goals and working hard like they do, I feel as if there is nothing i can not accomplish.
I can relate to Benson, he had a tough to understand situations that he was in. He couldn't wear clothes like the older people in Africa wear, and he go through this thing which was painful. And for me when I was little I didn't understand why older people get certain things that's look cooler than mind. And when I have to go through this painful situation that my Mom try to pull this piece of toothpick out of my wrist.
The closes character would have to be Mark in the book "Lost In Place" because he tries to please everyone and himself also. Like when he started chilling with his dad and then he started to like space more. His mom thought about why don't you write to NASA. He wrote to NASA and NASA wrote back sending Mark pictures of space. Mark started thinking that maybe he could for fill his dad dream of being in space. So he started practicing in a box. I would probably take his personalty cause he has so much ambition to all the things he do like kung fu and trying to be an astronaut thats what I would take form my character.
The character from my book Take the Cannoli this other girl from Music Lessons. She doesn’t just let others bring her down. She tries to keep doing what she want and achieve her goal. She was in the high school marching band. She has been in to music for a very long time. She like what she does and personally think that’s a good thing.
One character I can relate to in my book Lost in Place is the main character Marks father. Marks father is down to earth and very realistic when it comes to situations that may impact everyone’s life and the way they feel. Marks father always considers what could happen and what could’ve happed. He always has a load on his chest because he thinks of others first before his self because he works in the field of phycology, and knows all about the human mind. Relating to me I always think of different ways to help others benefit, and become satisfied. I like to make sure everyone is satisfied and often times I forget what is satisfactory for me. Marks father likes to paint. I believe he likes to paint because there are no rules to what he creates; it’s only what he thinks and how he feels about it. When I paint i painting to make something that no one but myself can understand, so that I can feel like there is something special that I do that no one else can change, and Marks father is just looking for that part of his life using art.
ReplyDeleteThere is not any character I can relate to you. The book has not given each lost boy a fair chance to be introduced where I can decide between the three yet.But I would takeAlepho's sense of seriousness. I am a very happy person even at the sad moments I rebound. His seriousness helps him focus my joy often distracts me and keeps me from seeing the importance of things.
ReplyDeleteThe main character, Sarah, is the one character that I can relate to. We both grew up in a country setting where there was nothing fun to do. But we both have a sibling to entertain us. Sarah and I also do not care for our fathers. They are the complete opposite than us making our relationship clash. We also have differences like; she has a twin sister while I have an older brother and she gains respect for her father as the years go on. I do not know that I would take anything from Sarah as of now, but I will have to keep reading and hopefully I can get something from this book.
ReplyDeletein Take the Cannolli the charachter i relate to the most is the main charachter and author, Sarah Vowell. I relate to her the most because she is very involved in band and her music. she fell in love with playing an instrument and feels very passionate about it which is exactly how i feel about music and playing the instruments that i play. if i could take anything from this charachter it would be the enviornment she spent her high school years in. she had plenty of inspiraton and friendly competition in her high school and that resulted in her heavier involvement in her school marching band and jazz band.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to Alepho, he has a best girl friend who he likes to play with. I have a friend back at home thats pretty much the same thing. We hangout everyday, and go places together with our other best friend. I think Alepho and I are the most similar out of anybody in that regard. I was never one to tease people like he does. But in this sense we are alike.
ReplyDeleteThe one character I can relate from my book Take the Cannoli is the girl form shooting dad. Her dad likes guns and is a she doesn’t. My dad like watching sports and I don’t I think they are boring. I think is better to do a sport than just sit and watch it for hours. I would take for her how she tried to like guns and try to be interested in them. I like how she finds out at the end that is a bite like her dad. I’m a bite like my dad in every different way like the food we like and the things we do.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to Mark. Mark has his mind set on practicing to becoming a Zen Master. He has a very strong work ethic when he’s practicing. When I’m practicing I stay forces and won’t stop until I’m satisfied. I have a very strong work ethic during practice and performance hours. Like Mark there were times when I wanted to pursuit a different career.
ReplyDeleteSo far in reading "Lost in Place", I could possibly relate to Mark Salzman as a child.
ReplyDeleteHis life long goal was to be a kung-fu warrior, which I wanted to be too but mines was sort of
being a great hero that would save the innocence of society from the great forces of evil. As a
child, like almost anyone else, I watched a HUGE amount of T.v. So accordingly, I wanted to be
a great superhero that kind of had that rogue attitude, for example "I will only help you unless it
benefits me" type of manner. Salzman's ideals would relate to the teachings of Zen monks in China and
thus causing him to create a goal that is reachable, but however no type of supportive feedback from
family members or some friends saying "hey strive to be the best you can be".
In the book that I am reading, They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky, I believe that the character I most relate to is Alepho. During the beginning of the story, Alepho describes himself as being very loud and constantly pranking his family and everyone around him. Although, when he comes to America, he is described by the author as being distant and reserved around herself and her son, as well as coming off rude or arrogant. This reminds me of myself because while I am at home I am a completely open and talkative person, yet when I am around new and unknown people, I distance myself from everyone around me .Since I distance myself, people that don’t know me typically think that I am rude or mean, but that is not the case. I would say that shy is what describes the two of us best, but there is nothing wrong with that.
ReplyDeleteIn the book Cannoli Sarah is the main character and to me she is very relatable. Sarah expresses her way living up to what she believes in through her lifestyle no matter who is trying to be in her way, or debate with her. In the story she does it through commiting to music and discussion. Her personality is somewhat pessimistic against others in her environment, but she still manages to keep a good sense of humor with it. This is definitely relatable because sometimes pursuing art can sometimes go against what others in your family may want, or what your friends may want. Sarah with all the people she has close to her moves in the direction she needs to move in at times to feel at the most comfortable. What I would take definitely take from Sarah is that keeping the beginnings that helped to start out your belief, can ultimately take you passed a place that you do not want to believe. A good thing Sarah points out in the book is that even though she lives in Montana, her strongest way of having something to believe in good, bad, or scary came from god and going to church of where she first lived in Oklahoma. What I would take from her is that the having something to believe in, and staying humble in transitions of her art and creativity, is important in being successful. It is important in taking things seriously. Also in having some sense of humor in the time of the most uncertain or your goals, can be the most important thing in surpassing your own expectations. I would definitely take that from Sarah Vowell.
ReplyDeleteThe character I most relate to is Benjamin, I relate to him because in the book he is responsible for completing a task and a force of nature makes it so it can’t be done. He is in charge of watching his family’s goats and taking them out to graze. He loses one of the goats to a hyena and later to a lion. After he loses his goat he feels nervous and the thought of telling his father he failed bothers him inside. I too will try my best to complete the task at hand but something misfortunate and out of my control will happen to prolong the task or make it impossible to do. When this happens to me I too think about going to tell my parents that the task was ether not completed or not completed in the way I was told it should be done. I feel if I could talk to Benjamin I would find out his ways of coping with the “Bad luck” we both seem to have.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteWhen I read that part of the book I thought about when you told us your experience with goats when you were little.
DeleteI'm also not sure yet to one exact character in my book I can relate to "They Poured Fire On Us From The Sky". I do feel like I can kind of relate to how serious they take their family and work. That would be one thing i would take from them. They really have no time for messing around. I do take my work and what I do seriously but like everyone else I can get lazy sometimes. I hope to be able to accomplish all of my goals and working hard like they do, I feel as if there is nothing i can not accomplish.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to Benson, he had a tough to understand situations that he was in. He couldn't wear clothes like the older people in Africa wear, and he go through this thing which was painful. And for me when I was little I didn't understand why older people get certain things that's look cooler than mind. And when I have to go through this painful situation that my Mom try to pull this piece of toothpick out of my wrist.
ReplyDeleteThe closes character would have to be Mark in the book "Lost In Place" because he tries to please everyone and himself also. Like when he started chilling with his dad and then he started to like space more. His mom thought about why don't you write to NASA. He wrote to NASA and NASA wrote back sending Mark pictures of space. Mark started thinking that maybe he could for fill his dad dream of being in space. So he started practicing in a box. I would probably take his personalty cause he has so much ambition to all the things he do like kung fu and trying to be an astronaut thats what I would take form my character.
ReplyDeleteThe character from my book Take the Cannoli this other girl from Music Lessons. She doesn’t just let others bring her down. She tries to keep doing what she want and achieve her goal. She was in the high school marching band. She has been in to music for a very long time. She like what she does and personally think that’s a good thing.
ReplyDelete